What is a Watchdog in CX Social?
Watchdogs are SLA alerts or folder alerts in CX Social you set up to monitor your Inbox or Smart Folder. They keep watch over the number of incoming mentions in a certain folder, and give you useful Insights.
How do I create a Watchdog in CX Social?
You can create a Watchdog within the smart folder or Inbox you want to keep an eye on, or you can go into Account Settings to set one up.
Creating a Watchdog within Inbox or Smart Folder
Creating a Watchdog within an Inbox or a Smart Folder is really simple. First navigate yourself to the settings of your Inbox or Smart folder. Once you are in the settings for the selected folder click "Edit", and a dialog box will open with the settings of that folder. Simply click on "Add Watchdog" and the Watchdog feature will be prompted on the screen.
- Name and give him or her a "collar" as well.
- Then, select the SLA target in minutes and decide if you are going to take Business Hours into account or not. If you choose to add this, the target of this watchdog will take business hours into account, meaning that if e.g. a mention was published outside your business hours, we will not start counting towards the set target until the agents should have started working according to the chosen schedule.
- Next you can choose which notifications you want to receive when a certain number of mentions are older than the target SLA time. Additionally you can select how many alerts need to be sent out during x amount of time, whether you are going to send a notification when the issue is resolved, and if you would like in-browser notifications or not.
Creating a Watchdog via Account Settings
You can also create a Watchdog via Account Settings. First navigate yourself to the Account Settings of your CX Social account and select Watchdogs in the left side bar. Simply click on "Add Watchdog" in the bottom right corner and the Watchdog creation dialog will appear on the screen.
- Start off by giving your Watchdog a proper name and give him or her a "collar" as well.
- In the next option you will want to select the SLA target in minutes and either decide to take Business Hours into account or not.
- Next you can choose which notifications you want to receive when a certain amount of mentions are older than the target SLA time.
- Additionally you can select how many alerts need to be send out during x amount of time, to send a notification when the issue is resolved and if you would like in browser notifications or not.
Note: Once you have created a Watchdog via the Account Settings, you will also immediately find an overview of all active Watchdogs in your account.
How do I change the SLA of a Watchdog in CX Social?
Changing the SLA or conditions of a filter can be done either by going to the Account Settings > Watchdogs and clicking "Edit" or by manually navigating to the Inbox or Smart Folder and changing it there.
If you change the settings or conditions of your Watchdog, the Insights will change accordingly. It will not take the previous historic data into account and it will make an entirely new snapshot of the workload in that Smart Folder at this time. So be careful when changing conditions and filters.
Where do I find the Insights for each of my Watchdogs?
Watchdog Insights can be found in the Performance tab in CX Social. You will find Watchdogs listed as a subcategory under Teams and Users in the left side bar. Watchdog Overview will give you a summary of the active Watchdogs.