In case you don't want to read this entire article, you can use these shortcuts to jump to the specific topic you are interested in ;-):
- Advantages of connecting social profiles.
- Connecting social profiles to Engagor (the ones you do not own).
- Connecting your own social profiles (the ones where you have admin rights to).
- To monitor all the activity on those profiles, regardless of the keyword search. On top, you will have Insights pages dedicated to the detailed analytics for these profiles. For Facebook pages where you have admin rights to, we can access the Facebook Insights, and therefore provide even more specific data (such as statistics about reach).
- To post content with the profile (if you have admin rights/the password), using the Publisher. You should link your company's Twitter account / Facebook page / Google+ page with an 'authorized connection' if you want to post messages on it from within Engagor. Once you have done so, you can use the Publisher in the Engagor inbox to publish and reply to online content with them.
You can connect profiles to topics as follows:
- Go to Settings > Topics.
- Click the appropriate Add button on the right. You can choose between the following:
- In the dialog that appears:
- to add a profile you do not own:
- paste the URL of the profile
- or insert a search term
- and hit the search button
- to add an authorized profile that you own:
In the dialog you see after clicking 'add' we offer you the chance to connect the profile you've linked on a personal level, to the topic: 'authorized accounts'.
If you want to connect another Twitter profile, click 'connect another account' in the bottom right corner.
You are now guided towards Twitter and in the top right corner you see the Twitter profile you're logged in with at that moment. If that's the profile you want to connect, click 'authorize app'.
If you want to connect another profile, click 'sign out' in the top right corner, and log in with the account (name + password) you want to connect. Then click 'authorize app' and you are good to go!
- Facebook / Google+:
To connect Facebook/Google+ pages with an 'authorized connection' we need to know you are admin for these pages. This is why you (or the person connecting those pages to the topic) have to connect your own personal Facebook account to Engagor on a personal level. Learn how in the next paragraph on 'How do you connect your own social profiles to Engagor?'.
After you have done so, we will offer you the pages you can connect with an 'authorized connection' under 'your pages'. Click 'add' to add the page you want to connect to your topic:
Note on connecting Facebook pages: due to their policy for monitoring by external applications (such as Engagor), Facebook requires that profiles be reconnected after a certain period (often around a month) before Engagor can continue gathering information about them. This is a limitation of Facebook, not Engagor, and you will be notified when you need to reconnect certain profiles (which you can then do right away). You should do this to make sure you still get all the data and analytics for those pages.
You can connect personal social profiles (your own Facebook profile, Twitter account, ...) to your Engagor user to reply with your personal profile. You connect it on a personal level, which means no one else can use it. We also don't monitor any of your own (private) messages with Engagor.
To connect your own social profiles, go to Settings > Personal Settings > Connected profiles. By clicking the icons underneath 'connect a new account', you can add your own profiles. You will then be asked to 'authorize app', which you should allow, and after this you can use those profiles to post new messages/reply from within Engagor.
To be able to add pages you own (through an 'authorized connection'), you should first connect the personal profile of the Facebook user managing the page, and then connect the page to a topic as outlined above in 'How do you connect social profiles to your topics?'.