You can use the following bullet points to skip to your favorite part.
Note that mention history is available for both inbox mentions and publisher messages.
Mention history for inbox mentions.
- What's so handy about mention history?
- Where can I find a mention's history?
- What's included in a mention's history?
Message history for content in the publisher.
- What's so handy about message history?
- Where can I find a message's history?
- What's included in a message's history?
All collected mentions that underwent one or multiple actions, have this listed in their mention history.
A mention's history lists all edits that happened to a mention (see below). This comes in handy to understand who has been working on a mention in what way. Especially for teams this saves a lot of time trying to understand edits and who did them. This way, you know instantly whom to direct your questions to, if you would have any.
Another advantage of listing this information is that you can use it in your filter. You would like to see all mentions for which the sentiment was changed, the country altered or the language edited? No problem, simply use the 'action is' filter. Or you would like to see the set of mentions that were acted upon by a specific user? The 'handled by' filter condition will help you achieve just that. For more information about filtering, see this support article.
You can access the mention history by clicking on the triangle icon with a number next to it at the right bottom corner of a mention. If you don't see this icon, it means that the mentions is blank, that no actions have been performed on it.
The information listed in a mention's history can be divided into three groups: manual edits by users, engagement and automatic edits. Above that list, you can find the reply and resolve time for the selected mention (both taking and not taking business hours into account, if applicable to your contract). That is, if the mention has been resolved or replied to, of course.
MANUAL EDITS BY USERS
This includes changes to:
- Assignment: assigning the mention to a user, a user clearing their assignment.
Both assigning and assigned user will be lists.
- Category: changing the category (social, news, ...) of a mention.
Both old and new category will be listed.
- Country: changing the country of a mention.
Both old and new country will be listed.
- Language: changing the language of a mention.
Both old and new language will be listed.
- Sentiment: changing the sentiment of a mention.
Both old and new sentiment value will be be listed.
- Status: resolving or reopening ('unresolving') a mention.
- Tags: adding or removing tags to/from a mention. Removing smart tags will be listed as well.
- Type: changing the type (post, reply, picture..) of a mention.Both old and new type will be listed.
When a user has engaged with a mention, this will be listed in the mention's history as well. You will see the type of engagement (like, favorite, comment,...), the time stamp of when this was done and if it was a reply or comment.
Please keep in mind that it can only be listed in the mention history if the engagement happened from within CX Social. If for some reason, this was done natively on the platform, we will not be able to list it in the mention history.
If any automation recipe was applied to the mention, it will be listed in the mention history as well.
Any content in your CX Social Publisher will have a list of any changes made to it.
A message's history lists all edits that happened to content in your publisher (see below). This comes in handy to understand who has been working on content and in what way. Especially for teams this saves a lot of time while working together to create content. In one look you're able to see who started work on content already in what way.
Listing this also means you can use the filter in your publisher to find content initiated by a certain user (posted by), content for a specific platform (source), content containing certain words (message or title), content made for a specific social account (profile), content containing certain publisher tags (tag) and even here you can filter on type of content (type), which comes down to the same as using the different tabs in your side bar. If you would like to find out more about using CX Social's filter, read this support article.
Please note that publisher tags differ from inbox tags, you can find the explanation about the different kind of tags here.
You can access a message's history by clicking the circle with the number in it in the right bottom corner of the message. The dropdown will open and show you all edits made to the content.
The content edits listed in a message's history are the following:
- Text edits: If the text of a message is changed, it will be listed in the message's history.
Both the old and new text will be shown.
- Profile edits: If you decide your content should be posted on another profile than the one selected and change this, it will be logged in the message's history. Both old and new profile will be shown.
- Publish date: The publish date or any changes to it (eg when you're scheduling and you change the time you want the messages to be posted) will be logged.
- Tags: Adding or removing tags will be listed in a message's history.
- Notes: If any notes are attached to the message, you'll also see a counter next to the note icon indicating the number of notes.