Introduction: What is CX Social?
CX Social is a platform that contains a set of tools for social media monitoring, analytics, management, and engagement. It includes many features for collaboration, exporting, and automation.
After setting up an account with the proper topics and social media profiles to monitor or use, CX Social presents you with four roughly distinct sections: Inbox, Insights, Publishing and Performance.
General Questions and Concepts
- Monitored Data Sources - various different sources and data providers are crawled, including: social networks, blogs, forums, news sites, and review sites.
- Filtering - can be done within each section of CX Social, including combinations of keywords and different criteria like language, location, source, sentiment, or publishing date.
- Export Possibilities - chart images can be exported in various formats like JPG, PNG and SVG (lossless vector graphics). Data shown, either in tables, lists of mentions, or charts, can be exported to various formats suitable for Excel and other applications.
Start by creating a new mailbox. Give it an appropriate name and add the topics as desired. Next up, you can choose which of the following features you want to see in your mailbox:
- Inbox - tracked mentions that match your selected topics. Read more.
- Private messages - in this folder you will find the private messages for your authorized connected social profiles.
- All Mentions - here you will find all tracked mentions (including private messages, likes and resolved mentions).
- Outbox - the inbox part where you will see everything that has been sent out. It's not limited to that, you will also find your mentions that need approval, scheduled messages, drafts and the history of sent messages in your outbox. Read more.
- Tasks - features for team workflow and collaboration. You can see your own tasks, mentions assigned to others and completed tasks Read more.
- Activity - actions that happened within the CX Social account. You can either see your own activity, or all acitvity, by all users within your account, showing all mentions with actions.
- Possible actions - possible actions on mentions include replying, assigning to a fellow team member, translating, tagging, viewing the author, etc. Read more.
- Publishing content within CX Social - includes options for scheduling, saving drafts, using canned responses, and publishing to multiple social networks at once. Read more.
- Smart folders - they allow you to define more specifically what mentions you wish to see. You can define the topics, types of mentions, and set extra filters that will always be applied when looking at this folder. Read more.
Under Insights, you can view trends, statistics, influencers, and demographics to discover and understand what is being said online about your topics of interest. First of, choose your topic in which you want to dig deeper.
- Total mentions: here we show you the total number of mentions in CX Social for (a) specific topic(s) and certain date range. We also show the number of engagement (by others) and brand activity (your posts).
- Top sources: here we give you an instant overview of the amount of mentions per source.
- Sentiment: when you wish to get a general overview of how people feel about your topic, you can find the sentiment breakdown of your results here. In the pie chart we show the general breakdown in positive, negative and neutral mentions. In the bar chart, we show a breakdown per day.
- Trends: in the trends section, we provide three types of clouds: hashtag clouds, word clouds and trending topics. All of them are calculated in real time from all data specified by the active topic selection, date range and other filter settings.
- Photos: in the photos section, you can see interesting information about the visual content you see the most in relation to the selected topic you're monitoring. We also show this for the top videos and top urls.
- Top websites: here we will show you your top websites, and the most shared websites for your topic. The first one are the top websites ranked according to the number of mentions on that site about your topic. The second one shows the top websites ranked according to how much they are mentioned by others in relation to your topic.
- Demographics: here you will find interesting data about the people consuming your content and your Facebook audience. The results are shown as gender, age and language statistics.
- Map: On this map, we will show you where the people that are engaging with your topic are located. You can easily zoom in to see the results per country.
- People: in this section of the people subdivision, you can find the users that are influencers for your topic within a certain date range. Those people can be ranked according to 3 different parameters: Engagement, Influence and Followers.
Posts & Engagement
- Posts & Engagement by Time of Day: here we provide you with an overview of when your community is interacting the most with you and when your own posting activity is highest.
- Profile Posts: here, you will see
- Social Profile Metrics: In the social profile metrics section, you will find an overview of the most important metrics for each social profile that has been connected to the topic(s) you are seeing the insights for.
- Other Profile Metrics: here you will find specific metrics per connected social profile.
Via the Publishing tab you are able to schedule and post new content on your social media profiles. Thus, this Publishing page, shows all your posts - which means you can not see retweets, likes or anything from your inbox.
- In Overview you are able to see the scheduled and recent posts. You can filter this overview on topic or profile. More information you can read here.
- How to exactly publish and use the functions in the dialog, you can read here.
- There is also a content calendar which gives you a perfect overview of your content scheduling time and strategy. More information on how to use this calendar, you can read here.
- If you want to instantly share online content to your social media profiles from anywhere on the web, you can read more information about our Chrome Extension here.
Our Team Performance dashboard gives you detailed insights into the way your social media team handles the social messages arriving in your CX Social inbox. Our statistics go from average response time indicators to a comparison of the volume handled per team member. Please note: the performance part is only available to higher account plans. The Team Performance consists of two main parts: Activity and Users.