- Monitor a specific Instagram profile: this includes tracking all pictures, comments, and likes from only this profile. Read more about connecting profiles here.
- Monitor a certain Hashtag on Instagram: this is not limited to just one profile.
This support article focuses on this last option, and will explain:
- What hashtags are and how are they used
- How to define a specific hashtag for monitoring
- What data we can track in this way
- Where you can find the posts we tracked
Hashtags are used to categorize your uploads on Instagram. Tags like this make it easier to find specific sorts of posts.
In order for us to know what we should look for on Instagram, you first have to define what hashtags you would like to monitor. This can be done in Settings > Topics.
First, you select or create a topic in which the posts will be collected. After you clicked 'Add Topic' to create a new one or 'Edit' next to an existing topic, you will land on this screen:
Click 'Add Instagram Profiles & Hashtags' in the right side menu. Next, make sure you are on tab 'Hashtags', and enter the one you wish to monitor.
Click search, and press the 'add' button to connect the hashtag to your topic. Once this is done, you will see the hashtag in the topic overview:
Scroll down and click 'Save'. As of this moment, we will search Instagram for this hashtag.
Once you defined a hashtag, we will search:
- All public photo uploads containing this hashtag. The amount of comments and likes received on these uploads will be displayed in the counters, but the actual comments and likes will not land in CX Social as mentions.
- All public photo uploads that contain the hashtag in a comment, on the condition that this comment was made by the same person who posted the photo.
The photo uploads will be visible in the Inbox. The counters will show the number of likes and comments this photo tracked.